Position: Quality Assurance & Operations Manager
Program: Behavioral Health Divisions
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Starting Rate: $73,000-$77,000 annually with generous benefits package
ALAMEDA FAMILY SERVICES
Alameda Family Services (AFS) is a progressive, non-profit agency that provides clinically sophisticated, comprehensive mental health and early childhood educational and family support services to individuals and families in the City and County of Alameda. Programs include Early Head Start, Head Start, Family Support Services, School Based Services, and Behavioral Health Care Services (Counseling and an APA-accredited Narrative Therapy Training Program). One of Alameda Family Services’ core values is fostering wellbeing. This focus on wellbeing provides a philosophical orientation for our work and guides our daily practice. As an agency that is deeply rooted in Alameda, we are constantly striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients, families, and community. We cultivate self-care, professional growth, and a family-like work environment.
In coordination with the Director of Operations and Division Directors for School-Based Services and Behavioral Health Care Services, the Quality Assurance (QA) & Operations Manager provides leadership and operational oversight of the agency's Quality Assurance department and serves as a member of the Management Team to deliver the highest quality of services. This position has responsibility for the management and oversight of the agency’s QA department and has primary responsibility for establishing clinical documentation protocols, oversight of all clinical client health information management and quality assurance procedures, and technical and administrative coordination of the agency’s electronic health record system and associated clinical software platforms.
This position requires the demonstration and commitment to the agency’s mission, vision, and values, including a strong commitment to issues of social justice and culturally and linguistically responsive practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs quality assurance and operations activities.
- Supervises Quality Assurance Specialist.
- Develops reports and gathers data at the request of the Executive Director or Director of Operations, including data showing outcome achievements and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for data oversight and analysis to support data reporting for contract deliverables and other reporting requirements.
- Develops documentation policies and procedures and implements best practices for chart documentation in accordance with Alameda County Behavioral Health (ACBH) guidelines.
- Oversees the overall provision of training on client documentation as it relates to program and agency contracts.
- Oversees and/or coordinates the clinical quality review team (CQRT) and management of charts for compliance with state, county, and agency standards.
- Operates as the lead contact between ACBH Quality Assurance department and the agency’s ACBH-funded programs.
- Attends county Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement meetings and other relevant meetings to support agency’s compliance efforts.
- Manages Medi-Cal Site Certification process.
- Coordinates and participates in County audit review process as needed.
- Manages agency systems and operational tools such as the electronic health records system (Exym), DocuSign, Virtru, QuickBooks, MyOutcomes, Objective Arts, etc., including configuration, implementation, and maintenance.
- Maintains knowledge of the electronic health records system (Exym) and implements continuous improvement to support operational functioning.
- Oversees projects related to Exym and interfacing platforms to support quality assurance, quality improvement, data analytics, and structural updates/changes.
- Oversees development of curriculum and training materials for Exym, supports on-going operations, and delivers training to staff with support from QA Specialist.
- Makes recommendations for application modifications to improve workflow efficiencies and productivity of staff.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments and new applications that could potentially support the agency’s operations and quality assurance efforts.
- Oversees client outcome measures and data tracking for quality improvement.
- Acts as agency’s HIPAA Policy Officer and establishes agency policies, procedures, and trainings in compliance with HIPAA and DMH requirements.
- Oversees records requests to ensure compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Supports agency leadership with quality assurance initiatives.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations to develop a project plan and monitor activities that will guide the agency toward accreditation.
- Supervises additional QA staff as needed.
- Assists Director of Operations and agency leadership on special operations projects and activities as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, or Social Work, or BA with 5 years relevant experience.
- LCSW or MFT preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in program administration and quality oversight.
- Minimum two years progressive management experience in a health or social service setting and supervising staff and project teams.
- Background in quality assurance and/or quality improvement in relevant setting.
- High level technology user with 3+ years of experience with various software platform as expert user or administrator.
- Advanced skills with data management and analysis and EHR system management and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of Medi-Cal/EPSDT funding and HIPAA regulations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage several projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and work independently.
- Experience with trauma-informed and diversity-informed mental health treatment.
- Must have working knowledge of all laws pertaining to adult and child mental health and be able to apply them in everyday practice.
- A background check and clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ) background prior to employment is required.
- Requires some driving on agency business so must maintain a valid CA driver license, reliable personal automobile, a clean driving record, and current auto insurance meeting required limits of liability
- Alameda Family Services falls under the current California Department of Public Health and State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers to (1) have received their full dosage/s of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 including booster and provide documentation of such, or (2) If exempt per a valid exemption as permitted by the order, complete an exemption accommodation request form.
- Proof of current TB test required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Due to COVID 19, employees are working remotely until further notice, with an option to work in office if appropriate.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to perform moderately difficult manipulative tasks such as typing, writing, etc.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods. • Occasionally required to lift/carry objects up to 25 lbs.
This is a full-time exempt position with a compensation range of $73,000 to $77,000 annually. Pay rate is commensurate with education and experience and competitive in the non-profit environment.
Alameda Family Services offers a very generous benefits program for including:
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- $100 monthly stipend provided to employees to assist with cost of dependent coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Term Life Coverage
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks paid vacation (accrual calculation .0923 x hours worked)
- 12 days of sick time (.0462 x hours worked)
- 401k with 3% match
Equal Opportunity Employment
Alameda Family Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please send to JKaufer@alamedafs.org