Position: Director of Clinical & Program Operations
Supervisor: Executive Director
Hours: 40 Hours Weekly
Starting Rate: $100,000-$130,000 (Depends on Experience)
ALAMEDA FAMILY SERVICES
Alameda Family Services (AFS) is a progressive, non-profit agency that provides clinically sophisticated, comprehensive mental health and early childhood educational and family support services to individuals and families in the City and County of Alameda. Programs include: Early Head Start, Head Start, Family Support Services, School Based Services, and Behavioral Health Care Services (Counseling and an APA- accredited Narrative Therapy Training Program). One of Alameda Family Services’ core values is fostering wellbeing. This focus on wellbeing provides a philosophical orientation for our work and guides our daily practice. As an agency that is deeply rooted in Alameda, we are constantly striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients, families, and community. We cultivate self-care, professional growth, and a family-like work environment.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Clinical & Program Operations is responsible for supporting the agency in developing a data collection and reporting plan, preparing for accreditation, helping to prepare and transition the agency over to managed care contracting and billing, assisting in the development of agency readiness for commercial contracts, and creating infrastructure efficiencies. The Director of Operations is responsible for working with the Division Directors and Electronic Health Record (EHR) Administrator to ensure that the projects are strategically integrated to meet client and community needs.
The Director of Clinical & Program Operations will help with day-to-day operations of agency administrative departments as needed.
JOB DUTIES:Clinical & Program Operations
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of data collection and reporting across the agency including the integration of early childhood and behavioral health data that would inform an annual report.
- Collaborate and possibly supervise the EHR Administrator and members of the Quality Assurance team and other data specialists to ensure agency data collection, reporting and analysis will meet current contract requirements and assist in the acquisition of new funding.
- Develop communication feedback systems that provide Division Directors with necessary data and analysis that will inform service delivery decisions.
- Collect, review, and evaluate current agency and program policy and procedure and identify gaps so as to create consistency and standardization across the agency.
- Work collaboratively with agency leadership to develop policy and procedure as needed.
- Develop a project plan that will guide the agency toward accreditation.
- Oversee CARF or COA accreditation.
- Assist with fund development and ensure that objectives of funding agencies are met and/or that plans are generated to meet program objectives.
- Assist in preparing the agency to transition to a managed care environment.
- Liaise with Executive Director to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Represent the organization to the public and foster a positive image to clients and supporters.
- Assist in writing and grant proposals as needed.
- Represent AFS in the community at various meetings and events as needed.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive and Division Directors to identify and meet program and community needs.
- Function as a member of the AFS leadership team.
- Maintain knowledge and facilitate relationships with local agencies and resources.
- Participate in outreach events to gain knowledge about local resources and to increase awareness about services available through AFS.
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Childhood Education, Social Work or Social Welfare or similar; a BA will be considered in combination with 10 years of relevant senior director level experience.
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in a nonprofit or socially responsible organization.
- Minimum of three years supervising staff and project teams.
- Minimum of two years’ experience managing contracts.
- Knowledge of, experience, and interest in data collection and reporting.
- Familiarity with electronic health records.
- Experience working with ethnically and socio-economically diverse youth and families.
- Experience and knowledge of Medi-Cal, state and federal contract requirements.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in working with multiple systems of care.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and report on data-driven information.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a clear and concise professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with multiple service agencies and systems of care.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team in a culturally diverse environment.
- Flexibility, diplomacy, ability to negotiate to positive outcomes.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- A background check and clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ) background prior to employment is required.
- Proof of COVID Vaccination and Booster.
- Current TB Test Results are required prior to employment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Alameda Family Services offers a very generous benefits program; Medical/Dental/Group Term Life Coverage. Based upon a 40 hour work week you will receive 11 paid holidays per year, approximately 24 days of vacation (accrual calculation .0923 x hours worked ) and 12 days of sick time (.0462 x hours worked).
Equal Opportunity Employment
Alameda Family Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. Please send to: HR@alamedafs.org