Position: Human Resources Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Schedule: 40 Hours Weekly
Starting Rate: DOE
ALAMEDA FAMILY SERVICES
Alameda Family Services (AFS) is a progressive, non-profit agency that provides clinically sophisticated, comprehensive mental health and early childhood educational and family support services to individuals and families in the City and County of Alameda. Programs include Early Head Start, Head Start, Family Support Services, School Based Services, and Behavioral Health Care Services (Counseling and an APA-accredited Narrative Therapy Training Program). One of Alameda Family Services’ core values is fostering wellbeing. This focus on wellbeing provides a philosophical orientation for our work and guides our daily practice. As an agency that is deeply rooted in Alameda, we are constantly striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients, families, and community. We cultivate self-care, professional growth, and a family-like work environment.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Human Resources Director is responsible for the delivery of exceptional human resource services to management and staff. This position will be responsible for the daily operations of Human Resources activities, including payroll, recruitment, benefits administration, employee relations, leave management and other duties assigned by the Executive Director. The Human Resources Director ensures Alameda Family Services’ compliance with applicable County, State, Federal and other regulations, policies and procedures. The Human Resources Director is a member of the Leadership Team and will work closely with the Division Directors, Chief Financial Officer and Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Responsible for all employee information within ADP; process bi-weekly payroll with Fiscal Staff Accountant.
- Manage annual benefits open enrollment (i.e., medical/dental, Section 125, etc.).
- Responsible for the administration of employee leaves including workers’ compensation, unemployment, and disability claims.
- Generate and submit various annual reports i.e., ACA Reporting, EEO, California Pay Data, Census reports, etc.
- Develop and collaboratively administer an effective continuous recruitment and retention program. Attend job fairs and establish working relationships with local colleges as needed.
- Responsible for posting jobs, reviewing resumes, and conducting background checks.
- Create a process to track the hiring timeline from date of job posting to date of hire.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, oversee Agency Annual Performance Evaluations process; provide guidance to staff as necessary.
- Work with Financial Analysts to review and update the annual wage scale for the agency.
- Responsible for scheduling all agency Harassment Trainings and tracking completions.Responsible for COVID related procedures including tracking vaccination and booster status of all staff.
- Participate in the bi-weekly HR/Fiscal meeting.
- Participate in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion meetings, as appropriate.
- Participate in the bi-monthly HR Forum.
- Revise/create Agency Handbook policies and procedures as required to accurately mirror current business practices, accreditation standards and governing laws/regulations.
- Assist with annual Fiscal reviews.
- Supervise Facilities Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of human resources generalist experience.
- Strong knowledge of ADP required.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to listen and engage with all staff.
- Non-profit work experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of City, County, State and Federal labor laws including FLSA, FMLA, CFRA, PFL, COBRA,EEO, ADA, minimum hourly wage increases, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing, multi-cultural environment.
- Skilled at multitasking; able to coordinate, organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities and unexpected situations.
- Experience with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- High level of discretion
PHYSICAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Ability to sit for at least 75% of the time and stand for 25%.
- Ability to travel between multiple locations to provide services.
- Ability to use a desktop computer and laptop is required.
- Lifting of books, manuals, and other documents weighing up to 25 pounds may be encountered in performing essential functions.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- A background check and clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) background prior to employment is required.
- A Health Screening Report completed by a physician and current TB Test Results are required prior to employment.
- Alameda Family Services falls under the current California Department of Public Health and State Public Health Officer Orders requiring all workers to (1) have received their full dosage/s of an approved vaccine against COVID-19 including booster and provide documentation of such, or (2) If exempt per a valid exemption as permitted by the order, complete an exemption accommodation request form.
Alameda Family Services offers a very generous benefits program for including:
- Medical and Dental Benefits for employee and $100 monthly stipend provided to employees to assist with the cost of dependent coverage.\
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Group Term Life Coverage.
- 11 paid holidays per year (based upon a 40 hour work week).
- 5 weeks paid vacation (accrual calculation .0923 x hours worked) based upon a 40 hour work week.
- 12 days of sick time (accrual calculation .0462 x hours worked) based upon a 40 hour work week.
- 401k with 3% match.
- Partial monthly cell phone reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Alameda Family Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed. HR@alamedafs.org