Position: Clinical Supervisor
Program: Behavioral Health Care Services
Supervisor: Division Director
Schedule: Year-Round, *Position requires some evenings and occasional weekends
Starting Rate: DOE
The Behavioral Health Care Services (BHCS) Program is looking for a dedicated clinical
supervisor interested in becoming part of a passionate team that values collaborative
approaches within a diverse community. We strive to maintain a strong commitment to
serving the community and fostering a supportive environment for therapists-in-training
gaining and continuing their experience working with children, youth, families, couples,
and adults within a community mental health agency, in the community, and in school
systems. We train from a narrative perspective and value the contribution of each
member of our team. If you are interested, please take a look at the details below. We
would like to meet you.
Alameda Family Services (AFS) is a non-profit agency that provides comprehensive supportive
services to children, youth, and families in the City and County of Alameda through several
programs: Early Head Start, Head Start, Family Support Services, School-Linked Services, and
Behavioral Health Care Services.
BHCS encompasses a Clinical Training Program and counseling staff who work with those from
pregnancy to older adulthood: children, youth, and families; couples; and individual adults.
Therapeutic services are provided at the Clement office, in the home, and at off-site locations
including School-Based Health Centers, Alameda Point Collaborative, and Head Start.
Under the direct supervision of the Division Director for BHCS, the Clinical Supervisor will
provide clinical supervision, individual and group, to interns and staff, as well as be responsible
for various administrative and clinical tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide weekly supervision to staff, interns, and practicum students.
2. Provide training to interns, practicum students, and staff.
3. Maintain appropriate supervision notes as well as review supervisees’ charts.
4. Ensure timely review and completion of notes, billing, reports, and tracking of services.
5. Monitor outcome measurements of treatment.
6. Coordinate referrals and linkage for counseling and case management services.
7. Complete performance evaluations on supervisees for whom you are the primary supervisor.
8. Attend weekly staff and assigned meetings at AFS.
9. Meet regularly with the Division Director to discuss client or programmatic needs and issues.
10. Assist with the Training Manual and the Orientation Program annually.
11. Provide case consultation to interns, practicum students, and staff.
12. Provide on-call consultation as part of a rotation on occasional Saturdays and holidays.
13. Be part of a team available to supervisees 100% of the time while they are working. This availability may be in person through telephone or other technology.
14. Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Valid California Board of Psychology License (Psy.D. or Ph.D.).
2. Two years post licensure.
3. Previous clinical supervision experience preferred.
4. Strength-based, family-oriented, collaborative, multi-cultural orientations preferred.
5. Experience or interest in narrative therapy preferred.
6. Knowledge of, experience, and interest in approaches that are trauma-informed, culturally sensitive, and strengths-based.
7. Experience working in a non-profit, community mental health setting.
8. Experience working with an electronic health record system preferred
9. Experience with (preferably Alameda County) Medi-Cal documentation and billing requirements.
10. Experience providing brief therapy and family therapy.
11. Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a clear and concise professional manner.
12. Flexibility, diplomacy, ability to negotiate to positive outcomes.
PHYSICAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
1. Primary responsibilities are performed in an office setting in a seated position.
2. Ability to use computer and telephone on a frequent basis.
3. Lifting of books and other documents weighing up to 20 pounds may be encountered in performing essential functions.
4. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
5. Position requires some evenings and occasional weekends.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. A background check and clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ) background prior to employment is required.
2. A Health Screening Report completed by a physician and current TB Test Results are required prior to employment.
Alameda Family Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org