Position: Program Assistant
Program: Behavioral Health Divisions
Supervisor: Director of Operationsr
Schedule: Full time, 40 Hours Weekly
Starting Rate: $20-$23 per hour
ALAMEDA FAMILY SERVICES
Alameda Family Services (AFS) is a progressive, non-profit agency that provides clinically sophisticated, comprehensive mental health and early childhood educational and family support services to individuals and families in the City and County of Alameda. Programs include: Early Head Start, Head Start, Family Support Services, School Based Services, and Behavioral Health Care Services (Counseling and an APA- accredited Narrative Therapy Training Program). One of Alameda Family Services’ core values is fostering wellbeing. This focus on wellbeing provides a philosophical orientation for our work and guides our daily practice. As an agency that is deeply rooted in Alameda, we are constantly striving to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients, families, and community. We cultivate self-care, professional growth, and a family-like work environment.
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the behavioral health divisions within the agency through data collection and entry and a variety of other supportive tasks. The Program Assistant will sit at the front desk and is expected to welcome people into the clinic warmly while maintaining organizational systems, which will allow them to complete daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answer multi-line phone and direct calls to appropriate staff
- Greet and assist walk-in traffic, answer questions and provide referrals if necessary
- Process outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail
- Provide appropriate intake forms to new clients, if necessary
- Collect payments and issue receipts
- Track payments in Quick Books
- Generate bi-weekly Client Balance Summary Report
- Close and open clients in the county database
- Enter and maintain client timeliness forms
- Support data monitoring and reporting in compliance with contracts and program evaluation
- Check client Medi-cal eligibility
- Create and send DocuSign documents to clients
- Determine if walk-in traffic or incoming phone calls are in need of crisis support, and inform the On-Call clinician to provided services as needed
- Assemble yearly program Intern/Practicum training manuals
- Collaborate with Supervisor on needed office supplies
- Gathers and process Medi-Cal Insyst reports
- Provide AP office support by filing AP records, create new folders when necessary
- Completes client payment spreadsheet (excel), submits spreadsheet and payments to the CFO
- Assist in AFS Newsletter mailings
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. BA required
2. Minimum of 1 year relevant experience in data entry and customer service
3. Competency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular)
4. Knowledge of, experience, and/or interest in data collection
5. Familiarity with electronic health records preferred
6. Experience working with ethnically and socio-economically diverse individuals and families
7. Attention to detail and highly organized
8. Ability to communicate (verbal and written) in a clear and concise professional manner
9. Ability to establish and maintain relationships with a variety of personnel
10. Ability and desire to work as part of a team in a culturally diverse environment
11. Flexibility, diplomacy, ability to work effectively with people in distress
PHYSICAL JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Ability to sit for at least 75% of the time and stand for 25%
2. Lifting of books, manuals, and other documents weighing up to 30 pounds may be encountered in performing essential functions.
3. Position requires occasional evenings and weekends.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
1. A background check and clearance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Department of Justice (DOJ) background prior to employment is required.
2. A Health Screening Report completed by a physician and current TB Test Results are required prior to employment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Alameda Family Services offers a very generous benefits program. Based upon a 40 hour work week you will receive:
- A paid ½ hour lunch break
- Medical/Dental/Group Term Life Coverage
- $100 monthly stipend provided to employees to assist with cost of dependent coverage
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 5 weeks of vacation (accrual calculation .0923 x hours worked )
- 12 days of sick time (.0462 x hours worked)
- 401k with 1% match
Equal Opportunity Employment Alameda Family Services does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.